Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Good Person Update:

It's been a busy few months of thesis writing, life living, and sanity maintaining (yay Grad School away from home!). I've been overwhelmed by academic work and positive progress. I've done good things: faced fears, given huge important papers, felt like a quality student. Nice stuff. And I've done not so good things: days of feeling like I shouldn't do this, being caught up in homesickness, eating cake everyday. Dangerous stuff (at least for my psyche and physical well-being). I've learned a lot about myself in this whole English adventure, but these last few months have been particularly informative. And you know what? I'm pretty good. I'm a good person. I make mistakes and make bad choices, but I'm a good person. And as long as I breathe and smile and love, everything else will and does fall into place. This is obviously an abridged version of my journey, and I may develop some of this further, but I just wanted to say that I love you all, my friends, my family, my heart. And thank you for supporting me in this life I've chosen, despite the difficulties and the separation. I will write more here, I promise. But for now, enjoy this video. It's a feel-good montage about the U of L basketball program since the Reece Gaines era and it made me smile. It also made me homesick, but I'm learning to deal with that! Louisville First, Cards Forever. GO CARDS!

Louisville First Cards Forever from evan westendorf on Vimeo.


All my love,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth - I just read your post. Always know that you are missed everyday and you are ALWAYS loved!

- Josh (Jay Rock)

Reader Locations