Thursday, May 25, 2006
So, tomorrow I celebrate the fifth anniversary of my graduation from high school. It's hard to believe the time has flown so quickly when my high school years seemed to drag on for ages. I'm not complaining; I was one of the fortunate ones that actually loved high school. And yet, it's a bittersweet feeling looking back, for I've loved college very much, and I'm sad that my time at Centre and U of L went by so very quickly. How fast will it go once I have a family of my own? I anticipate my years in England will fly, unless the dredgery of research finds me and my psyche in an endless stream of research and an existance solely within the hollowed walls of the library. Regardless, I am only grateful for my time in both high school and college. I am lucky, extremely lucky, because this school stuff has always come easy to me, and it's always been a joy. I'm good at this, which is why I intend to do it as long as possible. In the end, these years which pass quickly by may or may not be the best in my life. One always hopes for better things to come, and fortunately for me, that means a fantastic and exciting future. But for now, I'm content to celebrate the past. I am a historian you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment