Thursday, June 22, 2006
It seems already as if the summer is flying by with at a pace so rapid that I am unprepared for the ramifications. I work too much, but I love my job. There are not enough hours in the day to spend with the people so precious in my life that I am to be leaving soon. I have less fear about moving to a new place and meeting new people as I do losing connection with those already established in my life. Jeffrey is my biggest worry. When things are finally where they should be between us I have to leave. I wish he could come with me, but that has yet to become part of the plan. I fear that my family and friends don't know how vital they are to me. So I worry and wonder if my parents and grandparents know how scared I am to leave them. And I pray daily that my friends will remain my friends, and that Jeffrey will remain my Jeffrey. I'm excited about Oxford, of course. But occasionally, I have to let myself feel the pain and sadness that is my leaving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment