Thank you to everyone who donated to my Race for Life run! I ran on Saturday and completed the 5k in 34 min! It's not the fastest of times, but I ran the entire thing and I'm extremely satisfied with it! Philippa is now trying to convince all of us to run a 10k. We shall see.
The best part of the race was the atmosphere. The all-women crowd was fantastic and at every corner there was a race volunteer or family members of the runners cheering us on. I have to say, hearing 'Great job!' 'Keep going!' "Well done!' at every turn is a fantastic motivator. An even better one though was the names of all those lost to or facing cancer which were placed on everyone's backs. I personally thought a lot about my friend Ali who is such a fighter when it comes to his cancer. His enthusiasm for life is so inspirational. I knew I couldn't stop running a tiny 5k when he won't give up his fight to live. It was sad to see so many names of parents, grandparents, children, and friends. But it was great to see so many people running and walking for a cure.
Over two days Oxford raised half a million pounds, or a million dollars, for Cancer Research UK. Your 302 pounds or 604 dollars was a part of that. Take a breath and think about the wonderful thing you've done through your donation. I'm so thankful and I'm in awe of it too.
Thanks a bunch!
Love,
Elizabeth
Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment