Well, I've submitted my transfer report. And now I wait to find out when I defend it in a viva. It will be there that they decide if my project is viable enough to be a DPhil. Fingers crossed. I'm so proud of how hard I worked and I will be ready to defend my ideas, so... My work, at least, is interesting. :)
So in the calm between these storms I have a bit more time to focus on others besides myself, which is a welcome break. I like me, honestly, but sometimes it is good to pay back the support and love that others have given you during a hard time. Look out family and friends, you'll know how much I value you this month.
I'm also continuing to work hard in preparation for my viva and to catch up on my languages, which I neglected last term. German whoo! Hopefully I'll get back in to London for some more days in the BL as well. I really like working there.
This past week I was able to go with the Oriel History Finalists (basically the equivalent of US college seniors) on their retreat 'Reading Party' in Herefordshire where they begin revision for their finals next term. I had an absolute blast. It was great to wake up on my own each morning, facing the calm of a day on a farm, just reading. *Sigh* We did some touristy things and went hiking as well. We even had some adventures, such as falling in a mud bog and being chased by a horse. It was enough of a break for me that I feel like I can get back to work tomorrow. And I love, love these students. It is amazing to watch how they learn and how their studies so differ from mine at their age. It is truly remarkable. They are inquisitive and fun and I really enjoyed their company. I'll come back to post links to 2 photo albums from the trip (it isn't working right now for some reason). The scenery was so lovely I can't pick just a few pictures. Please enjoy!
I'm spending today cleaning my room and watching basketball. It's so good for my soul. :) Let's just hope the Cards continue to win!
Missing everyone at home so very much in the madness of March,
Love to all,
Elizabeth
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment