
(Doesn't this photo of Jerry Smith just say it all??)
I just need to share with everyone how much I freakin' (that's right haters, I said freakin') love the University of Louisville and Cardinal Basketball. I am not ashamed to admit it; I cried this morning when I woke up to read that we had actually beaten West Virginia and won the Conference outright. Joyous, joyous tears! It may be strange, especially to those over here who don't understand supporting college athletics at all, but I truly believe I was born with this fan-gene. I LOVE it. The game, the University, the players, the coaches, the stress, the excitement, the passion, the energy, even the pain of the loss. Supporting U of L basketball constantly reminds oneself that one is alive. Not just alive, but alive with so many others. It runs through me at all times, but sometimes, like now, it's so powerful that I can't help but jump with joy. I cannot frown today...and my writing is going better too, because I'm inspired by my team. It may be silly, but I wouldn't change it. I am proud to be an alum of U of L. I am proud that three generations of my family have been impacted and a part of the University. It's not always about basketball...it's just about basketball right now. But I'm so glad this season is not yet over. Let the Madness that is March and College Basketball continue to be...it reminds me with every game where I come from and how proud I am to say that I am from Louisville.

Love to all,
Go Cards!
Elizabeth

No comments:
Post a Comment