Actually, the Fresher's are here. All 150 (ish) new undergrads and grads of Oriel College have arrived in Oxford to be inducted and oriented (orientated if they're British) to life in an Oxford college. Oh the poor souls. I remember so vividly the confusion and worry, the exhaustion and fear...or wait, is that happening now, as I induct them? Egads, I'm so tired and it's only day three. Really this whole business requires far too much thought and socializing for one little me. I have no room in my brain for my own writing, which is why I sit here whining to you my dear friends and family. Oh sure, I'll end this and go back to the flashing cursor on the screen of my Word document, mocking me with each flash. And I'll yawn. And I'll probably just read...because at this point in Fresher's week, well, my Middle English Sermons make more sense to me than my own thoughts. And that is indeed how I know I am now, fully, an Oxford historian. I have arrived. And so have they.
Love and coffee to all,
Elizabeth
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment