I just submitted a progress report on my research to my supervisor, college advisor, and the Director of Graduate Studies. I find it so strange that it took me an hour to write about my work when I can write about myself on here in no time. It just shows you how very much I care about not only what I am doing, but what others think about it.
And here? Well, of course I care. But there's a marked difference. Here is unending support. Here is perpetual encouragement. Here are my family and my friends. And that's funny too, because actually I care far more about you guys than I do my research. When I face the two together, actually I don't care about my research at all.
Don't worry...I've been thinking about this and it's ok. I've been blessed with the opportunity to pursue my dreams while possessing the love and support of my friends and family. And I'm starting to be able to separate my work from myself because I am not my research and I do not want to be my research. But...my research is me. That may sound contradictory, but I assure you, it's not. I'm not just learning something about medieval history in all this. I'm learning something about myself. And when I put it that way, well, that makes two topics of interest. And another reason to stay positive in the wake of all the stress and struggle. It's worth it. One way or another, it's worth it.
Love to all,
Elizabeth
Friday, March 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I find writing reports quite stressful too. See you around, if I am lucky maybe at high table today? :-)
Your self is whatever you encounter.
Well, if that's not helpful, you can ask me about it and I'll explain.
Post a Comment