Monday, July 05, 2010

"Louisville: Weird, in a Good Way.":

Hello all. I'm still in Cambridge (still making tallies!) after a long and lovely weekend with great friends, food, and fun. It's been so nice to get away. Speaking of getting away...have you ever considered Kentucky as your destination of choice? Well, you should. And now it's not just me saying it. Tim Bryan, 'The Guardian' travel writer has written an article on the Bluegrass State. Uncle Steve alerted me to this article and I must say thank you! It's heartwarming and accurate and, I think, captures the nature of Kentucky very well. This is particularly wonderful to read as, obviously, this writer is not from Kentucky and most likely a Brit. His experiences made me simultaneously homesick and proud, right on down to the description of roadkill and the smell of skunks. It ain't pretty, but it's correct! So well done Guardian. And thank you. Thank you for drawing attention to the wonder that is Kentucky. It ought to be appreciated more. But not too much more...I wouldn't want all the tourists to change it.

You can find the article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/jul/03/kentucky-louisville-road-trip-us?page=all

Love to all,
Elizabeth the Homesick

No comments:

Reader Locations