A Thought About Faith:
I've been using some of my time here to examine my relationship with God and Christ more closely. It's something I take pride in knowing I question and struggle with and expect to change. My faith isn't stagnant. I falter, I fall, I break down. God raises me up, strengthens me, and pushes me forward. At my darkest, alone and far from home, I can feel abandoned, but when I reach out for God, He is there, giving to me who and what I need. I am blessed, I am protected, I am loved. When I am afraid, He takes away my fear. When I am lonely, He sends me a friend. I do not take my God for granted. His gift of Oxford has taught me more about His love and His work than ever before. I do not understand all I would like to, but I know He is there, and He is there for me, and that is comforting. So I leave to you excerpts from my favorite Psalm for the moment: Psalm 27 and some of the lyrics from a song which brings me peace daily.
Psalm 27: The Lord is My Light and My Salvation
The Lord is my light and my salvation:
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life,
of whom shall I be afraid?
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness
of the Lord
in the land of the living!
Wait for the Lord;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord!
Music Box: By Thrice
A million miles from everything we've ever known
and we're on their hearts and minds,
a million heads are bowed to bring us safely home...
my chest is filled with reasons not to sing, but I found one,
I know we are not alone, we feel an unseen love,
we are sons and heirs of grace
we are children of a light that never dims,
a love that never dies,
keep your chin up child
and wipe the tears from your eyes.
A million stars look on in witness to our dreams
stand ready and tall, reflect the light.
Wishing peace, contentment, and joy,
Elizabeth
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Because I call
You answer
For you are fitting
Because I am small
You enlarge me
For you are gracious
You hear my song
Post a Comment