And I'm back. That's right...I'm singing in a choir (Lincoln College Choir to be exact)! I could not be more excited. And in a week Friday (15 Feb) we are performing Handel's Messiah in Exeter College Chapel! Ahhhhh!!!!! Anybody want a ticket? I'm sure it's worth flying here to hear it. :) I was very nervous attending rehearsal last night. I had forgotten how to read the alto part and the last time I did any of the Messiah I was a soprano, so.... It was great though. I'm rediscovering my skills and realizing just how much I missed being in a choir. It was wonderful. So for now I'm humming Handel to myself fairly constantly and enjoying being a part of a musical group again. *Sigh* 'For unto us a child is born....'
Love,
Elizabeth
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I sang "He Was Despised" as a solo in my church in DC - I'm not quite a lusty enough alto to make that work, but it was fun!
- Erika
Post a Comment