One of the methods I'm examining for staying in Oxford is a job as a Junior Dean. This is a job well suited to me because it mixes the administrative side of university life with the student side. Usually these positions only go to members of the college, but I've applied to five colleges with available positions because I thought it best to give it the best chance. One of Oriel's deans told me not to take it personally if I didn't get an interview with another college because of the tendency to hire from within. And sure enough, I was rejected by one college and I've yet to hear from another two. But Oriel has asked me for an interview, and so has Pembroke College, so I'm feeling really positive about my chances. If anything, the interview with Pembroke on Monday morning should help to prepare me for the interview with Oriel on Thursday afternoon. So fingers crossed!
I really hope everyone at home has a wonderful Derby weekend. I miss home all the time, but this time of year is particularly lonely, because I love all of the Derby hullabaloo. I would LOVE a giant corn-dog right now! Or a funnel cake. Or .... well, this could go on for ages so... I guess anyone who is at the Chow Wagon, please eat something for me! Have a wonderful Derby Kentucky! I love you so!
Wishing everyone a lovely weekend,
Elizabeth
Friday, May 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck with your interviews! Just don't mention bad things in a direct way!
Post a Comment