Friday, October 02, 2009

Anybody Still Here?:

Just doing a check...if you're still here, I'll start writing again. If not, well, I'll try and do it anyway.

Being back in Oxford after three weeks at home is weird. I miss Kentucky. The people, the place, the food, the colors of fall. I miss being able to call Emelia every five seconds. I miss watching TV with my Daddy. I miss the smile on my Grandma's face when I walk through the door and Granny's impromptu fried egg sandwiches. I miss spending girly days with Momma. I even miss cleaning out my closet so I can send more things to Erika.

At the same time, the reminders of home are a good motivating factor for my work. I'm ready to finish school. I know I still have a marathon to run, it's too far to be a sprint. But I'm happy to do it, so I can come back home again...successful and proud of what I managed to accomplish away from the people and place I love most dearly.

Time to get to work.

Love to all, particularly all those fabulous people unmentioned by name but who are equally in my heart,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still here keeping up with you. =) Liza

Unknown said...

Welcome back to Oxford! Hope you settle in your new place soon, see you around! And hope that knee is feeling better! Talk to you soon! :-)

Reader Locations