After spending the weekend resting to get over my Fresher's Flu I've come to a conclusion. First, I must confess, the majority of said weekend was spent watching BBC iplayer. Curse you iplayer and your addicting constant availability! Um, sorry. Anyway, I watched Merlin (Arthurian legend gone awry with wonderfully attractive actors, modern dialogue and *sigh* horribly inappropriate late-medieval sets and costuming) and Emma (one of two Austen tales I've yet to read, but ostensibly a very sympathetic rendition with good acting, especially by Michael Gambon (love him)). Now, it is no secret that I love medieval legends and Austen romances, but after devoting my life to the study of the former I must admit that I'm fairly convinced that if there is such a thing as past lives, well...I was most certainly a gentleman's daughter in 18th century England. I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous. And yet, every time I read and/or watch an Austen-esq love story (I'll even stretch to the Brontes!) I begin to think and speak in an 18th century English accent and I dream such vivid dreams of my life on the English countryside. I become possessed. I never ever do this with my medieval sources. Somehow, I'm internally programmed for Austen. It cannot be my Aunt's love of her stories imprinted on me. It must be a past life. I refuse to accept any other theories. :)
Love and Austen to all,
Elizabeth, um, I mean, Lizzie
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you're Elizabeth Bennet, then I am no doubt Fanny Price? <3 Liza
Post a Comment