Monday, February 22, 2010

Yardsale

I've got this friend named Jacob. He's a historian. Studies the American stuff. We met in undergrad at U of L and bonded on a roadtrip to Murray State. See, we were in the History Honor Society together. Jacob did a Masters at U of L and works as an archivist at the Filson Club. He's kind of an awesome historian. And he'll be off soon to do a PhD at whichever institution is smart enough to have him. Jacob came to visit me last summer. He brought with him an accent from home and a historians inquisitive nature. It was great to see him. I'm telling you all of this because Jacob's other big project (besides living in and caring for the log cabin at Oxmoor...so...freakin'...cool) is Yardsale. It's a band and I want you to listen to them. Please. Do it. You'll be glad you did. Well, if you like country/rock/blues/gospel music you will. Yardsale have just released an album Knock Alley West and I'm just so amazingly proud of him. And proud to be his friend. You can listen to three of their songs here:
http://yardsaleband.com/mediaplayer.asp
Or read about them at their website here: www.yardsaleband.com

I love it. It reminds me of home. And all that is good in the world. I hope you like it too.

Love and Yardsale to all,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Reader Locations