Bikes, Boats, and Silly Songs:
Hello all! I bought a bike! Whoo hoo! I am now a normal Oxonian student. I have a bike, I can get around town much more easily and I have the perpetual fear of my bike being stolen. When it stops raining I will take a picture so you can see it. I love it!!! I love riding it!!! And it's such a great bike that it's easy to ride even though it's been forever since I've ridden. In fact, I like it so much I may pay to ship it home when this is all over rather than selling it again like I had planned. :) Bike ride Aidan?
On Friday afternoon I went to my first boat race. It's summer eights here and all the colleges are competing to become the summer Head of the River. Oriel was just trying to move up enough to get Blades, meaning they improved one spot everyday. The final results aren't posted yet and I didn't go yesterday, so I'm not sure how they finished, but if I ever felt like a typical Oxford student, it was Friday. There were so many people. Alums from so many years. All screaming and watching a race that lasted only 6 minutes. It was exciting though and I was impressed with how difficult rowing is. If I have the time, it's something I'd like to learn to do. We shall see what opportunities arise next year.
I'm in the throws of these essays for four more weeks, so my entries will reflect that stress I'm sure. But as I'm sure we all need smiles occasionally (I know I do) and as a tribute to my wonderful nephew Isaac (who is my desktop background...thank you Erika for the awesome new pic!) I leave you with a silly song from Veggie Tales to make you smile. It's one I always loved watching with the kids at the daycare. And it's educational too...as it's sung in Spanish.
Adios mi familia y mis amigos, te quiero,
Elizabeth
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One of Isaac's FAVORITES! I clicked play and he ran into the room to watch :) - Erika
yes. bike ride for sure!
Post a Comment