
COOL MySpace Comments
Hello all! I'm alive, and I've submitted my essays! Yeah!!! I'm so exhausted. But I've already been preparing for my research tomorrow, as I've now got to start working on my dissertation. Whoa! I'll write tomorrow about all the Oxford exam traditions, because they are very interesting. But today is Father's Day and that's what I intend to really write about! Disclaimer: My father's day cards are being mailed out tomorrow as a result of the insanity that was last week. I'm very sorry for the delay! Please let this blog be a substitute until their arrival!
Happy Father's Day! In particular, Happy Father's Day Daddy. I love you so much. You are my strength, my hope, my support, my partner in crime, my best friend. There is no one in the whole world (with the exception of Momma) who loves me as much as you. I miss you every single day. I miss our conversations, our TV time, our play fights. I miss your evil smile when you do something you shouldn't. I miss your hugs. I miss hearing you baby-talk to Wesley. I miss seeing you rub your hands together when you are stressed while watching a ball game. I pray every day that I make you proud; that I can be half the daughter to you that you are a father to me. I love how you take care of me, and Mom, and Grandma, and everyone else before yourself. You are the most selfless person I know. I am so blessed to have you. There is not a better Daddy in the world. I love you.
To Ted: You came into my life and accepted me as your own. You are as proud of me as any of your grandchildren. You push me to succeed and to laugh and to live. You were meant to be my grandfather. You are a wonderful grandfather, and I am so very thankful for you. I hope you know how much you mean to me.
To Poppa Joe: I hope you know that I love you very much. I hope you know that I miss you. I hope you know that you are so very important to me. I hope you know that I have always loved you. On this Father's Day, I hope you know that I am your loving granddaughter. I always have been, and always will be.
To Pap: I really do miss you so. There is nothing better than a Coulter man. Because to me, a Coulter man is one that loves his family and God above all else. A man who sets the best possible example of how to be a father, a provider, a friend. A man who can laugh, cry, and enjoy every gift and every sorrow and see that it is all apart of this wonderful life. A man that loves his wife of 26 years (Happy Anniversary today Jeff and Regina!) more than he did the first day they met. You are such a wonderful man. On this Father's Day I hope you know how loved you are by me, even if I'm not one of your kids. :)
To my Uncle Steve: You really are the scholar who loves me. There has never been a day in my entire life that I didn't know that you loved me, or didn't know that you were interested in me, my life, and my thoughts. You have helped me to do and become the person I am today. There would be no Oxford, no future scholar, no love for all things medieval without you. I am so very privileged to have you as my Uncle. And I am so very thankful to always be your Miz Liz.
To the other fathers reading today: There is nothing in the world like a daddy. I hope you know how important you are to the lives of your children. Have fun today, whether your children are young or grown. Play, live, and do the things you love most with the people you love most. Have a very wonderful and blessed Father's Day.
And finally to my Daddy, because I didn't get your gift out on time, here's a song for you: Father & Daughter by Paul Simon.
Love,
Elizabeth

No comments:
Post a Comment