Thursday, June 07, 2007

I've Got Nothin':

Yeah, so, I've really got nothing to say. Just felt like I should say something, so something. I'm buried in books, i.e. too much to read and not enough time to write. I have to give a presentation next week in my seminar and I'm slightly frightened. Ok, frickin' scared. Giving a lecture to the college was so much easier. There were only a few other historians there, not twenty. I know these are all my coursemates and they are lovely and kind to everyone (especially the ones who do poorly), but I don't want to realize they are being kind because then I'll realize I've done poorly. I'd rather they ask difficult questions. And so I read to make sure I can answer those questions. And then I realize more questions they could ask. So I look for more books. And read some more. And this cycle continues. Meanwhile, I need to read and write my essays. I have 8 days left. 8! Ahhhhh!!!!!

And inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. Inhale...1, 2, 3, 4, 5...exhale. Ok, I'm back. Sorry for the minor freakout there. So ya, just living in the library or my room, reading. On the brightside, if you have to be stuck in a library reading all day, you can't really beat the Bod. Well, maybe with the Rad Cam, which I'm in currently, but technically it's part of the Bod, so it's all good.

So, to sum up...I'm here. And sometimes, just being is enough for the day. Though all the lugging of books and sitting in these chairs means my back is killing me, so Mom, Dad, start saving for the chiropractor. I'm going to spend Christmas in his office to relieve this perpetual pain.

Loving everyone, and in particular medieval children,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Reader Locations