First, please see the hit CBS comedy 'How I Met Your Mother' Season 1, the episode entitled "The Pineapple Incident" as a reference for my title. Also, just watch it if you are missing some good ole sitcom comedy. Best show on TV, gotta say. Wish it were on over here.
Anyhoo...hello readers! I figured since my Floridian cuz is calling me out on my lack of entries I better get on it.
Well, it's mid-August and in the mid-60s over here. Not the global warming-induced heat wave I hear is going on in the US. It's actually nice, though I wish for an appearance into the upper 70s every once and a while. My shorts and skirts are not being used as much as I expected. I had a lovely birthday (thank you to everyone who sent cards and gifts!) thanks to my wonderful friends here, in particular because of Rich, whose birthday is the day before mine. So needless to say loads of food and enormous quantities of chocolate cake were consumed, which always helps to kill the sting of missing those at home on a special day. Mmmm...cake.
I had a wonderful, but exhausting, time with Mom and Dad on their two week holiday here. We did so many things! Here are a few of my favorite pictures scattered sporadically through this blog. There's me and Mom in Paris, Dad and I on top of the Eiffel Tower, and the three of us at Windsor Castle. We didn't see the Queen there, but she was at Buckingham Palace when we were in London. We saw a fair few couples off to join her for tea. I was jealous. Sadly we never made it to Warwick or Stratford, but thankfully I'll have to graduate eventually and we can do England part two! Paris was amazing and at Christmas I'll bring 'round more photos (friends, you've probably seen them on facebook) showing the rest of the trip. Though Mom and Dad have them too, so don't be afraid to ask them!

Not much else is going on here. I'm researching and getting ready to move across town out of the dorm and into a house with five others. It will be interesting! Ah, and it did flood majorly a few weeks ago, but never reached near where I live, though was precariously close to our new house. Thankfully Oxford-proper was spared, though the grass is still looking damp near the river banks, and we were without some beautiful parks for a while.

The seventh and final Harry Potter book came out on July 21 and true to his word my supervisor gave me time off to read it. It was a great read (not my favorite of the series, but well written and imaginative) and a fitting end to the series, though I am very sad to see it go. Midnight Potter mania over here was fantastically fun and I loved being a part of that. I must say, if you are going to be stuck in a line at Borders for nearly an hour, make sure to get stuck in the Romance section. Now there are some funny reads! It's amazing people make a living writing that stuff!

Last week my wonderful Radio Disney friend Liza (Nspired) came to visit and for my birthday took me to see the play 'In Celebration' at the Duke of York theatre in London. It starred Orlando Bloom and we were on the 11th row! It was a fantastic play, well acted and well written. I enjoyed it so much! Thank you Liza!!!!!
Well I suppose that's it for now. Ooh....but I have discovered this wonderfully entertaining video blog on youtube by two brothers named John and Hank Green. They are only communicating via video blog for the whole of 2007. They are clever, witty, and genuinely good-hearted guys who are using their internet fame for good things. Check out their webpage at www.brotherhood2.com and watch some of their videos. If you like them, I'd recommend starting back at Jan. 1 to really understand some of their jokes. It's running humor. Beware, I may begin posting some of them myself! Oh and Erika, do you know John Green? He graduated from Kenyon in 2000 (majored in English and Religion I think!). If so, awesome.
I'll leave you with a link to a video on youtube which has great meaning to me. Our collective graduate (MCR) sunflower Amos was decapitated a few weeks ago and his death and funeral were made into a video by my friend Charlie. It's really remarkable. Please watch this, in particular the funeral part. Geoff and Charlie spent a long time giving Amos a viking funeral! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9vo6fCOobQ
Missing everyone at home very much!
Love,
Elizabeth


No comments:
Post a Comment