The Fear:
It's set in. The paralyzing fear that prohibits me from writing. The fear that erases all I've researched and all my ideas, leaving me grasping for basic words and composing nonsensical sentences. It comes in slowly, through small acts of procrastination: "I'll write the next sentence AFTER I check my email for the fifteenth time," until I realize it's hold over me has already taken place and instead of a small battle, I'm facing an all-out war. But this time, I've noticed it earlier. And this time, I'm better prepared. And this time, I have an army of supporters (editors) behind me. So watch out fear, I'm coming to conquer you. And anyway, I'm finishing three weeks early to come home for Christmas, so there, I win.
Love,
Elizabeth
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Go get em Girl! I have total faith you will knock em dead. I just wish we were going to be home at Christmas to see you... Keep up the hard work. C is feeling your pain as it appears Grad school is no easier the second time around... Just wait til he starts learning Arabic...
Post a Comment