Hiya! I've been meaning to blog about this for ages, but just kept forgetting, so here it is, some very important news. Folks, Phil Collins' 1981 hit 'In the Air Tonight' is one of the best selling singles in Britain right now. It's topping the charts and is now a popular phone ringtone. Not some imitation version (though there are some good ones...the one by a band called Nonpoint springs to mind), but the real thing. Why this blast from the past? Well, Cadbury of course. Cadbury released it's newest advert earlier in the fall which features a gorilla playing the drums to Phil's hit. This gorilla single-handedly (is that what you say when referencing gorillas?) brought Phil Collins to a new generation of listeners, and now the song is everywhere! I'm grateful. Having been raised on Phil Collins I'm all for a resurrection of his tunes. It's just funny it came from chocolate and a gorilla. Here's the ad if you want to see what all the fuss is about. I think it's great.
I've had a bit of a lazy weekend which probably isn't timely, but was needed. We had our termly Guest Night on Friday where we dress up and bring in friends, family, or profs from outside Oriel to wine and dine. I had three wonderful guests in Oliver, Graham, and Oksan. Oli and Graham are new medievalists to Oxford this year and two of my Latin mates. And Okie is finally here in Oxford! We had a great time, and even the venison was decent. Not to mention the fact that Louisville won both it's basketball games (we won't discuss football) and I got to listen to one of them. I'll leave you with a few pictures from Guest Night of me and my friends.
Look! I did my hair myself!:

Me and Okie:

Oliver and Graham:

Wishing everyone a great Thanksgiving week!
Love,
Elizabeth

1 comment:
"In the air tonight" one of my most favorite songs. I can remember cranking it up in Pap's Camaro after we first got married. Good times. I hope it catches on here again. Happy Thanksgiving!
all my love,
Regina
Post a Comment