Gobble, Gobble:
Happy Thanksgiving!! It's not Turkey Day over here. In fact, I just ate a ham sandwich. Nevertheless, here's wishing everyone at home a lovely day filled with wonderful food, family, and friends. (I soooooo wish I was eating some of Regina's mashed potatoes made with THREE sticks of butter at the moment, but I digress) I've tried to be vocal about how thankful I am for my family and friends this year on various holidays, so I won't go overboard with specifics (plus I'd be here all day), but I am very thankful for each and every one of you in my life. To all my friends and family (biological and adopted), I love you. I hope today is wonderful, but selfishly slightly less wonderful than it would be if I were there! :) At least I'm honest!!
Before I jet back to work, or maybe I'll do some Christmas shopping instead...I just want to point out, if you had been wondering, that I still don't like egg nog. In my hopes to recapture something American today I bought a Starbuck's egg nog latte. I know, I know, I've never liked egg nog, but I've been eating a lot of things I used to shy away from of late, so I thought I'd give it a go. It was a bad idea. I actually had to add more coffee to the latte to be able to drink it because the egg nog flavor was so gross. Ok so it's flavor and not real egg nog, but I think I'll be sticking to the boiled custard when I get home. Mmmm...boiled custard.
Well family and friends, I love and miss you so! Three more weeks! Crap...three more weeks. I guess I'll be working after the shopping after all. No holiday for me!
Love,
Elizabeth
P.S. I'm also thankful for U of L basketball. Go Cards! I'll be more thankful if you beat BYU tomorrow. ;)
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Elizabeth: I just sent you an email before i got caught on your blog page. The Cards basketball team should help forget the other team. Happy Thanksgiving and hurry home
Poppa Joe
Post a Comment