Crap. I got the Freshers' Flu. I was doing so well. Managing work and social things. Writing like a...(what's the end to that sentence? I mean really? Because I'm not an author in a strict sense and no one wants me to write the word writer because I've just said 'Writing'. I'm gonna go with...) essayist. Or efficient grad student. Hmm...yes, I like that better. Anyhoo. Today? Well today I've slept for all but six hours because I have no energy. It's gone. And I can't see. My eyes are swollen with some sort of allergic annoyance that makes them drip, but I'm not crying. I think my students thought I was crying. I feel a lot like Garfield. Sleep, wake up, eat, sleep, sleep, wake up, eat, sleep, wake up, eat, and sleep. That's my day. I REALLY hope that in doing this today I'm better by tomorrow. There is absolutely no room for this at all, let alone more than one day of it. I have a big piece of work due Friday (and the next Friday, and the next, and so on), which I want to and will complete on time. And quite frankly, I want a gold star. It really sucks not getting one today.
Off to eat now and then sleep.
Love to all,
Elizabeth
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment