I want to make these:
Don't they look delicious? Mmm...Pumpkin Creme Pies. Can someone mail me canned pumpkin?
My nephew is 5. He's been 5 for a while. I was looking at his birthday pictures again today and it hit me that HE. IS. 5. Good grief. Oh, and he's handsome too. See:
My thesis uses a niche topic (parenthood) to explain a larger phenomenon of intercommunication between the laity and the Church in late-medieval England. This is pretty cool.
I wish there were more hours in the day.
I am far too much of a social person. I HATE lying in bed all day alone.
Being sick when I was little was ok because I got to stay home with Mom or Dad all day. I don't get to do this now. This sucks. Mom and Dad, I know that parentally it would've been irresponsible to leave me home alone when sick when I was little, but I kinda wish you had. Then I would've been conditioned to being alone. Now I just miss you guys. Of course, I always miss you guys.
Oxford students are far more literal and combative than others. Cleverness is often annoying.
56-0. I didn't mention that earlier. I love my Cards. I hate Memphis. 56-0 for homecoming is awesome.
I have lots of awesome friends in Oxford. It's the best part of this place. Somebody told me before I left home that it would be hard to make friends here. That this place is stuffy and full of itself. That is true. But the bit about the friends isn't. I couldn't imagine going through the struggle of a PhD or being away from home (and the people there) without them. Here's a few group photos of some of my wonderful friends:

Kunal, James, Jenna, Gerhard, Phil, Emma, Sam, Me, Senthuran
Jen, Melissa, Hannah, Me, Oksan, Krista
Anna, Tomoe, Aoife, Me, Yuki
It's because of them and for those I love most at home (y'all know who you are) that I persevere and refuse to give up. Thank you all for the love and support. When I'm ill these last thoughts are the most frequent and most healing of all.
Love and thanks to all,
Elizabeth

1 comment:
Major missing you too. So, don't ever think you're alone. ~Joshua Gentry
Post a Comment