Did You Know:
That the US has a rugby team? And we are playing in the World Cup as I type? Yah, we are playing England. I thought about putting up a minute by minute post, but I'm not that talented. And I have to be able to banter with this room full of English-people as we watch the match. I'm the lone American. :( Thankfully I have Rich, who is Welsh and thus hates all things English in terms of national athletics. I'll let you know how it goes. Right now it's 6-3 to England, but we are playing better than expected. I'm slightly agitated by the lack of respect for the US team. We aren't a rugby nation and the announcers are only talking about how the English team aren't playing well. "While they will win this game..." etc. Grrrrr. I feel as if I'm watching a U of L game in which no respect is ever shown for our team, particularly from national commentators. Yeah, I'm talking about you ESPN. Ugh. 9-3 now. And a US player sent off for 10 min. in the sin bin (penalty box). Incidentally, I won't mention how upset I am about the Cards performance on Thursday. Except to say I expect this will be a much longer season than first thought. With that, I'll support my country in their certain defeat.
Go USA!
Elizabeth
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment