A Lesson In Humility:
Um...so, surprise, surprise....the US is not so good in the rugby market. Nope. Not so good. We lost 28-10. I had to endure endless taunts by commentators and Englishmen alike. It was not fun. The US played hard. They never gave up. They made me proud. But I couldn't help wishing this were a basketball game against England. That we would win. I had to learn some humility in all of the goings-on, and it wasn't easy. In fact, it was quite upsetting. I guess it's the same humility I had to accept while cursing at the computer on Thursday night. And the same humility I may have to accept on Sat. when we play UK. It's the kind of humility that hurts, deep down, because you see effort, but not results. I think though, that this is the best kind of humility, because when the pain goes away, when the sting lessens, what remains is pride. Pride and hope that your team competed at all, and will compete another day. After all, sport is supposed to be fun. So, I guess, as always, I will end with a vibrant and proud Go Cards! And of course, a GO USA! As the song says, I'm proud to be an American.
Love,
Elizabeth
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment