A Year in Review:
I did not want to occupy my post yesterday with a mention of my one year anniversary in Britain, but I did want to bring everyone's attention to it briefly today. One year ago yesterday, I embarked on a life changing experience. I walked nervously to the edge of security at the Cincinnati airport with only Jeffrey's guiding hand to pull me on the plane. I hugged my dear friends Alvin, Stevie, and Roy, as well as Jeffrey's mom Regina, and my parents not wanting to let go. With tears streaming down my face I inched towards the line, thankful Jeffrey was still with me so that I was not embarking on this journey completely alone. It's a vivid memory really, and yet it seems so long ago. In a strange way this year has crept and flown by all at the same time. I won't go on about my experiences, I've tried to keep those as up to date as my time and psyche would allow, but I just wanted to address what I think is the amazing rapidity by which this year has passed. So many changes, so many new friends, so much have I learned! I am continually shocked by this world and what it has to offer. So much happens in a year! As I sit here on a Saturday morning about to embark on more work, I suppose I just wanted to mark the anniversary of my departure with some acknowledgement, and look ahead to what exciting adventures are still to come my way over the next 10 months and unnumbered years. Oh the possibilities! What hope I have for my future and the future of those around me. Even the dullness of rote Latin practice cannot dampen my spirits this day. And that really is an accomplishment!
Wishing positive thoughts to all,
Elizabeth
P.S. I'm sending out a prayer request for my dear friends Ashley and Jon who are very soon to have their first child. I ask that everyone pray for the safe delivery of their hopefully healthy and happy baby! And if you wish, please pray that they officially ask me to be the God-mommy of their beautiful baby (hint, hint). ;)
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment